Ladder (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
1 : a structure for climbing up or down that consists essentially of two long sidepieces joined at intervals by crosspieces on which one may step.
2 : something that resembles or suggests a ladder in form or use; especially : RUN
3 : a series of usually ascending steps or stages : SCALE
In Ladder Leagues, each Player's objective is to climb the Ladder and reach the Top, i.e. #1. Each step on the Ladder is called Rank; the Highest Rank is #1 followed by #2 then #3 and so on.
If your Rank is 3274 and you defeat the Player Ranked 1258, your rank becomes (3274+1258)/2 = 2266.
If your Rank is 165 and you defeat the Player Ranked 12, your rank becomes (165+12)/2 = 138.
- Your rank on the Ladder does not change or go down if you lose a match unless your opponent is ranked Directly below you. Example:
If your Rank is 32 and you are defeated by the Player Ranked 33, your rank becomes 33 and your opponent Rank becomes 32.
- When a Player moves to a Rank above you, your Rank will go down.
Player Ranked #1 and Crown Match
If the Top Player (Rank #1) does not defend his/her crown for 3 days; s/he moves to Rank #2; Player at Rank #3 moves to Rank #1, and Player at Rank #2 moves to Rank #3.
#1 >>> #2
#2 >>> #3
#3 >>> #1
Weekly Top 10 resetting
At the end of each week; Saturday 23:59 EST; the Top 10 Players meeting the Activity Target will move at the same sequence to the Top 10 to replace the present Top 10.
The Activity Target is to play a minimum of 3 Matches with Players lower in Rank, within the following ranges:
- If the Player is in Top 10, the range is 10 Ranks below. Example: if the player Rank is 8, playing with Players ranked 9 to 18 will count towards the Activity Target.
- If the Player is in not in the Top 10, the range is 100 Ranks below. Example: if the player Rank is 17, playing with Players ranked 18 to 117 will count towards the Activity Target.
- At the end of the week, the first 10 Players that achieved the Activity Target will move to Top 10. Example:
If Players 1, 3, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 18, 21, 22 met the Activity Target:
- Player 1 will remain 1
- Player 3 will move up to 2
- Player 7 will move up to 3
- Player 8 will move up to 4
- Player 13 will move up to 5
- Player 14 will move up to 6
- Player 15 will move up to 7
- Player 18 will move up to 8
- Player 21 will move up to 9
- Player 22 will move up to 10
- Player 2 will move down to 11
- Player 4 will move down to 12
- Player 5 will move down to 13
- Player 6 will move down to 14
- Player 9 will move down to 15
- Player 10 will move down to 16
- Player 11 will move down to 17
- Player 12 will move down to 18
- Player 16 will move down to 19
- Player 17 will move down to 20
- Player 19 will move down to 21
- Player 20 will move down to 22
- Player 23 will remain as 23.
Players may check their Ranking according to 8 additional criteria:
- Top Rating.
- Most Matches Played.
- Most Wins.
- Top Matches Win %.
- Highest Streak.
- Most Tourneys Played.
- Most Victories.
- Top Tourneys Win %.