Leaga was founded with the specific goal of establishing Multiple
Independent Leagues that are governed by principles of civility and good
sportsmanship. We take the maintenance of these standards very seriously, as
this is what sets us apart from other established leagues on the Net. Friendly
people and clean fun is what Leaga is all about. There are other leagues better
suited to aggressive, in-your-face play and behavior.
Our tournament Directors and other Staff are specifically instructed to take
as a high priority the maintenance of discipline in our game lobbies and at our
game tables. By far the majority of our players have gravitated to us because
they have learned that they can rely on Leaga to keep them from being subjected
to aggressive, boorish behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct.
Accordingly, the first principle of Leaga is:
Players are expected to conduct themselves in a civil manner and treat all
others with respect. Failure to do so is cause for disqualification from a
Tourney. Repeated unacceptable behavior is cause for removal from the League,
and possible banning from Leaga.
In a general sense, this is what we expect of all Leaga Members and
- Members are expected to read and abide by Leaga policy regarding multiple
- Obscene language and aggressive trash talking are unacceptable in
- Personal attacks, or the taunting/denigration of members, league or staff
- Any harassment of or vocal, public dispute with League's staff is
unacceptable. TD decisions are final and not open to dispute on the spot. There
are channels for the advancement of complaints: any TD will tell you how to use
- Any abuse of Leaga Messenger is unacceptable. Leaga Messenger is for factual
tournament communication only, not for chatting or arguing with the TD. If you
think the TD has made an error, or are unhappy with anything else, then IM the
TD, or call him to a table.
- The solicitation of PIPs or Membership from other Members, whether in the
lobbies, game tables, or by IM/email, is expressly forbidden. This makes the
Member being solicited very uncomfortable. Occasional, “joking” references will
- Delay or obstruction of tournament play is not acceptable: players must be
on time and must contest their tourney matches expeditiously.
- Players are expected to be familiar with all Leaga tournament general rules
and game-specific rules of the leagues in which they are registered, and to
abide by these rules.
- Players are expected to promptly report all Matches they have
- Any form of cheating is cause for immediate banishment from Leaga.
An extensive list of categories of unacceptable behavior and a discussion of
the penalties for such can be found at the end of this section under "Rules