The main reason we have instituted Divisional play, through the Leaga Division System, is to provide a new “playground” for a significant player base that wishes to compete regularly against comparably skilled opponents in Longer-Format Matches where luck is minimized and skill can be expected to determine the outcome.
The Division Match Play Tournament Format will feature:
- “Big Points”, skill-based matches.
- Multi-day play with great flexibility of scheduling (you may, in theory, complete all your matches in a single day if you can schedule them).
- In time (after the Division system has stabilized within a League) the opportunity to play all your Division Tournament Matches against Players of a comparable skill level.
- Short-term Championship results after each 14-day Play Period, with PIPs payouts.
- Real-time ranking of Division A players on each League’s main page, showing the progress of matches played in this Championship Division.
- Long-term skill rankings in a new standalone Divisional Ranking System that allows Players to accurately evaluate their performance against specific individuals. Instant update of Leaga Standard League Rating, Ranking and Stats, with Match Wins and Losses, in addition to Tourneys and Victories results.
Division Tournaments will be contested as a continuing series of True Round Robin Tournaments in a Match Play format, based on Divisional alignments. See the detailed graphical presentation of the Divisional System.
- Division Tourneys will run continuously, over 2 Play Periods each month:
- The first Play Period starts the 1st of each month at Noon and ends the 14th at 23:59 PM EST.
- The second Play Period starts the 15th of each month at Noon and ends the 28th at 23:59 PM EST.
- Division Tourneys will be hosted by the Division Period Administrator (DPA); the DPA could be the League HA, or an AA, at the HA’s discretion.
- Players will be seeded into Divisions, ranked as follows: Division A, Division B, Division C, and so forth.
- Each Division (except the lowest, called the “Division Z”) will have exactly 10 Players.
- Division Z will consist of anywhere between 5 and 14 Players, except when there are more than 264 Divisional Players entered in a single League. The Division Z size will be the Players above 250 already allocated to Divisions A through Y.
- In Division Tournament play every Player completes a match against each other Player in his/her Division during each Play Period. In other words, every Player in an Division Division plays 9 matches per Play Period, against common opponents, and rankings will be adjusted after each match within the Division.
- After each Play Period the Divisions will be realigned based on performance in the just-completed Play Period. In each Division except the A and Z Divisions, 3 players move UP, 3 players move DOWN, and 4 remain in place. Any Players finishing in the top 3 of their current division will move up a Division in the next Period. If they are in Division A already, they get another star and stay put.
- Leaga Tourney General Rules apply. This includes the same-name rule. A valid e-mail address must be on file with Leaga.