The following Rules are for guidance only; each League will have its own Rules at the League Specific Rules at the end of the Help.
Generally, it's to everyone's benefit to play, that's why the Division System is set up to award you points for losing (1 point) as well as for winning (3 points).
Unplayed Matches are considered “null matches”: No points will be awarded to either contestant in the case of unplayed matches. However, serious Players in all Divisions excluding Division Z will have the following 2 recourses:
- A Match Win (and 3 Points) will be awarded to any Player presenting a Win Claim supported by Valid Attempts.
- A Match Win (and 3 Points) will be awarded to any Player who played 4+ Matches, for every unplayed match with other Players in the Division who played up to 3 Matches, this does not include Players on official Vacation as posted on Eliters Messenger, and on Availability.
Players in Division Z will have different treatment as the Division might have between 5 and 14 Players:
- A Match Win (and 3 Points) will be awarded to any Player presenting a Win Claim supported by Valid Attempts, this will not apply on Players who had No Show.
- A Match Win (and 3 Points) will be awarded to any Player who played any number of Matches, for every unplayed match with other Players in the Division who played No Matches at all (No Show), this does not include Players on official Vacation as posted on Eliters Messenger, and on Availability.
Win Claims Rules and Procedures
Win Claims may be presented based on Valid Attempts, according to the following Rules and Procedures:
- Attempts to arrange and play matches must:
- Be made using the Leaga Messenger (LM).
- Be made 5 days after period Start.
- Be directed at a specific player.
- Give your opponent at least 24 hours notice of your scheduled time.
- Suggest specific schedule (dates & times).
- Any attempts made via Email, Yahoo/MSN messenger or a general message directed at all players will not count as an attempt to arrange or play your matches. See Examples at the next Help Topic.
- You must have made at least 3 Playing Time Span Suggestions, with a minimum of 2 full hours each. Example: Mon, Tue, and Wed between 17:00 and 21:00. Please make every effort to offer at least one time within the posted availability for your opponent.
- Your opponent must confirm the date in LM, or respond with an alternative date and time, again minimum 2 full hours but not necessarily 24 hours in advance.
- If you are available at the specified time, and your opponent does not show, please document this on LM.
- If your attempts fail, and you were not able to play with your opponent, you may present a Win Claim; you must provide enough details but in a brief manner, referring to LM posts to support the claim.
- A Win Claim for "Unplayed Match" can only be issued on the days detailed below:
- Period starting 1st of month - Claims to be made on 12th & 13th of month.
- Period starting 15th of month - Claims to be made on 26th & 27th of month.
- Win claims for Unplayed Matches will be Cancelled by the DPA at all other times.
- No unplayed match claims will be accepted on the last day of the period.
- The DPA will study and investigate the validity of the Win Claims as soon as possible, will check the Leaga Messenger, email the opponents, and will take the necessary action, after the end of the Period and before finishing it, as follows:
- If the match was played before the end of the Period: The Win Claim will be closed automatically.
- If the claimant did all possible attempts with no success or response from the opponent: Accept the Claim, awarding the win to the claimant.
- If the opponent responded and tried to play, but the Claimant did not show: Reject the Claim, awarding the win to the opponent.
- If both parties tried to play, but couldn't agree on a commonly suitable time, or couldn't meet for any reason: Cancel the Claim, and consider the match as Null.
- Players who are unable to play any matches during a period may go on "Vacation" status by posting a message in the LM on the division page. They will be exempt from any Win Claims, provided no matches were played and the message is posted within the first 5 days of the period. It is also recommended that the player changes their availability to "Null", and selects "vacation" from the days menu. If the player cannot post a message in LM prior to their departure, they must email the DPA and the DPA will post the message.
- The ruling of the DPA in unplayed matches is final and may not be appealed. The ruling is never based on "who made the claim". The ruling is solely based on the actual, proven information given at the time of the win claim.
If you believe, at the end of the period, that a particular player has been AVOIDING a match with you, then you should mail the DPA, notes will be made, and if enough such comments on a single player occur s/he will be penalized.