Leaga is a Division of Nasser, Ghattas & Co. Ltd., Nicosia, Cyprus.
Leaga is a fair, friendly, organized, Leagues-based online gaming community, Leaga is a non-gambling skill-based competition; No Gambling, Betting, or Wagering:
• Leaga is FREE to join: We offer complimentary unlimited-time Guest Memberships to new members.
• All Members may join All Leagues.
• Fresh looking, extremely fast and user-friendly site, with a comprehensive Help function.
• Ladder format, Matches, Challenges, Tournaments, Divisions....
• Detailed online Stats.
• Members may create and run their own online gaming Leagues and tournaments.
• Dedicated Leagues Forums.
It is required that Members review, accept and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service,
and recognize the decisions of the Site's and Leagues' Administrators as final,
before participating in any League, Game or Tournament.
You should also take the time to review the Leaga
Policies and Rules,
and the Help Topics
which reflect Leaga current Policies, Rules, and Procedures.
These Terms, Policies, Rules, and Procedures may be updated or revised by Leaga Management as conditions warrant,
and without prior written notice, so you should review them regularly.
There is no gambling or betting or wagering at Leaga. No Cash is involved in all Leaga Leagues Tournaments.
The newest US Federal legislation of September 30, 2006 -- H.R.4411 "Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006" Sec. 5362 defines illegal betting or wagering as including "the purchase of a chance or opportunity to win a lottery or other prize (which opportunity to win is predominantly subject to chance)".
All Leaga.com (the Site) tournaments are based predominantly upon the players' skill, not chance.
Although Leaga is not involved in Cash Tournaments, and the distinctions between skill-based games and games of chance are clear, there are a few states within the U.S. that have not yet permitted skill-based games to be played for cash or prizes. Therefore, the following Eligibility terms will be adhered to:
Eligibility (United States)
To open an account and/or participate in any tournament offered on the Site, you must:
a) be a natural person, at least 18 years old, who is assigned to the e-mail address submitted on your account registration form;
b) be a U.S. citizen or resident alien with a U.S. address;
c) be physically located within the U.S.;
d) be physically located in a U.S. state in which participation in the tournament you select on the Site is unrestricted by law; and
e) at all times abide by these Terms and Conditions.
The rules governing sweepstakes, contests, and tournaments with entry fees and/or prizes are set up by each individual state, not by the federal government. Based on these 50 sets of laws, the Site DOES NOT offer games requiring a cash entry fee ("Cash Competitions") to residents of the following states:
Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee and Vermont.
Additionally, the Site DOES NOT offer card game Cash Competitions if you access the Site from Indiana or Maine. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
If you open an account and/or participate in any tournament offered on the Site while located in a prohibited jurisdiction, you will be in violation of the law of such jurisdiction and these Terms and Conditions, and subject to having your account suspended or terminated. Additionally, all winnings (if any) may be voided at the sole discretion of the Site.
To open an account and/or participate in any tournament offered on the Site, you must be a natural person, at least 18 years old, who is assigned to the e-mail address submitted on your account registration form. If you are a U.S. resident, make sure you are not from one of the restricted states. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Legality and Taxes
You are subject to all laws of the State, Province and/or Country in which you reside and from which you access the Site and are solely responsible for obeying those laws. You agree the Site cannot be held liable if laws applicable to you restrict or prohibit your participation. The Site makes no representations or warranties, implicit or explicit, as to your legal right to participate in any tournament offered on the Site nor shall any person affiliated, or claiming affiliation, with the Site have authority to make any such representations or warranties.
The Site reserves the right to monitor the location from which you access the Site and to block access from any jurisdiction other than the U.S., or any U.S. jurisdiction in which participation is illegal or restricted.
However, you remain solely responsible for paying all federal and other taxes in accordance with the laws that apply in your State, Province and/or Country of residence.
A unique User Name will identify each Leaga Member.
- This Member User Name (ID) will be used to join any League at Leaga.
- All PIPs and US$ balances and transactions for this User Name will be kept in the Member Account.
- All statistics (matches results, tournament results, streaks, etc) for this User Name will be kept in the Player’s League Account.
Leaga User Name (ID) may not be shared by several persons, or transferred to anyone, or inherited.
Your Leaga User Name must match your Play Site (Yahoo!, Pogo) name exactly. If it does not match, you must:
- Either acquire the Play Site ID to match your Leaga User Name;
- Or change your Leaga ID to match your Play Site ID;
- Or create a new User Name in Leaga that matches your current play site name.
For this reason, you should always acquire the play site name before creating a Leaga account to match.
If you cannot acquire the same ID in a new Play Site, it is advisable to try to acquire the same ID in all Play Sites then change your present Leaga ID to this new ID before joining a League in the new Play Site. Premium Members are allowed though to have a different User Name for each Play Site.
Any difference in IDs will be considered a different User Name (Example: balouza is considered as a different ID from _balouza and balouza1).
Currently there is issues with some IDs where people get a Yahoo! ID, from their ISP. There is no way to get into a Yahoo game room, without the @sbcglobal.net (for example) showing. The Admin team are currently investigating this, and untill it's resolved we will allow names as long as they match exactly upto the @.
Your User Name will be removed in the following cases:
- If it contains profanity, sexual innuendo, or is offensive to others.
- If it is judged abusive to another Member.
- If it is found to be too similar to an existing Member’s. If you are a Premium Member, you will be offered to change your ID.
Leaga reserves the right to purge, remove, ban, or withdraw without notice, any Member proved to be violating the rules, including but not limited to:
- Abuse of the system.
- Exchanging password, or allowing others to use their ID, or using other Members IDs.
- Being associated with a banned ID.
- Attacking or trying to damage Leaga.
- Harassment to other Members.
Premium Members may change their Leaga User Name (ID) once every month. You may change your User Name at Change ID.
Leaga may consider, in exceptional cases and upon presentation of valid reason, allowing Members to change ID before the 1 month period.
Your Leaga ID must match your Play Site (Yahoo!, Pogo) name exactly. For this reason, you should always acquire the Play Site name before changing your Leaga ID to match.
User Names may not be changed:
By changing to a new ID, the following actions will be taken:
- If the ID was withdrawn or banned or removed for any reason.
- If the ID was changed in the past month. Leaga may consider, upon presentation of valid reasons, allowing once exceptional change of ID before the 1 month period.
- If the Member is registered or playing in a Tourney or Challenge.
- If the Member is a TD and has an unfinished Tourney.
- If the New ID is already registered or taken. This is why you will not be able at any time to merge 2 IDs even if they are used in 2 different Leagues or Play Sites.
- Your Summary Player Stats (Tourneys, Victories, Matches) at each League will be transferred to the new ID.
- Your Summary TD Stats (Position, Tourneys Hosted, Total Players Participation) at each League will be transferred to the new ID.
- Your Previous Achievements in the Hall of Fame at each League, and in the Hall of Fame, will be transferred to the new ID.
- Your Premium Membership, PIPs Balance and US Dollar Balance will be transferred to the new ID.
- Your Detailed Records of Tourneys, Matches and PIPs will be DELETED.
- You will lose the right to play in the upcoming TOC, or Events, if earned in the old ID.
- Your old Leaga ID will continue to be Reserved in our system for 3 months, and you won't be able to access it or change back to it.
Leaga recognizes that in many cases more than one family member (or two or more people who share a household or an office) may have a Leaga User Name on the same computer or at separate computers sharing networked Internet access. Also, sometimes people who work together or play out of Internet clubs and such may share network access. We welcome such extended participation, but certain rules must be adhered to:
- Users sharing a single computer or network or IP address are not permitted to play or report a loss in a Ladder Match or a Challenge. Basically, this means that if, for instance, you log on to Leaga from a friend’s house; you cannot report to each other.
- Family members or those sharing a household may not enter the same Tournament as Partners in a PS (Player Select). However, if they are not using the same computer or network or IP address, they may enter the same Tournament as Single Separate Players (1x1 or 1x3) or with other Partners (2x2), and might even be partnered in an SS (System Select) Tournament.
- Each family member should have a separate Leaga ID. They may not share the same ID. However, Leagues HAs, especially in paying Play Sites (Club Pogo, and Yahoo! All-Star) may allow exceptions in individual cases.
- In this case, 2 active IDs might be using the same computer, and this requires them to notify VP Member Relations so they will not be considered as violating the above rule.
While we understand that such activity is usually innocent in nature, we nevertheless must be vigilant that individuals seeking an “edge” not be allowed to play multiple IDs off against each other to increase the chances of a tournament win or to advance illegally on the Ladder. Therefore, all players are expected to follow the above policy, and repeated violations will result in summary banning of ALL Members involved, whether they meet each other in the tourney or not.
Premium Members are allowed to have as many Leaga IDs as they want. However, it is not permitted to maintain more than ONE active ID playing at the same League.
Exceptions to the above:
A Premium Member may use 2 different Leaga IDs in the same League, one as a TD and one as a Player. However, s/he cannot register in a Tourney hosted by him/her, report a loss in a Match or a Challenge with the other ID, and the TD ID should never be used as a Player in the same League.
Each family member should have a separate Leaga ID. They may not share the same ID. In this case, 2 active IDs might be using the same computer, and this requires them to notify VP Member Relations so they will not be considered as violating the above rule.
Any Member violating the above rules by attempting to maintain more than one active ID in the same League, the League Administrator will decide, at its own discretion, which ID to purge from that specific League.
Any Member violating the above rules by attempting to create and maintain excessive numbers of IDs will be considered cheating and will be banned permanently from Leaga, all Stats will be deleted, including PIPs and US$ account, and will be charged with all PIPs earned illegally and damages caused.
Please remember that you cannot merge any IDs, and you cannot change your ID to another ID already registered in Leaga even if it belongs to you. This is why it is advisable to try first to acquire the same ID in all Play Sites then change your present Leaga ID to this new ID before joining a League in the new Play Site.
Guest Members are not permitted to maintain more than one ID to be used in all Leagues. This means that no additional ID will be allowed if the Guest cannot get the same name in all Play Sites.
At the same time, Guest Members who run out of PIPs and choose not to purchase a Premium Membership are creating new IDs so that they may continue playing.
Because excessive ID creation leads to a strain on the database and PIPs inflation, Leaga does not allow possession of multiple IDs by the same person. If you create a new ID to get more PIPs, you must withdraw your previous ID. Multiple IDs are subject to purging without warning. You may lose ALL your IDs if you play more than one of them actively.
IMPORTANT: For this reason, when a family member or friend or colleague creates an ID on your computer or on a shared ISP account, you must contact VP Member Relations and request an exemption from this rule. The VP Member Relations at his own discretion may grant exemption up to a maximum of 3 exemptions.
Any Guest Member violating the above rules by attempting to create and maintain excessive numbers of IDs will be banned permanently from Leaga, all Stats will be deleted, including PIPs and US$ account, and will be charged with all PIPs earned illegally and damages caused.
All members are required to provide Leaga with a functional Email address, so we may contact them on any matter related to their Leaga Membership.
Leaga will not sell or rent Email addresses to anyone. We keep these addresses solely so that Leaga Administration can contact members when needed, and so that individual members may contact each other to arrange matches during Multi-Day tourneys.
Members are required to update their email whenever there is a change. It is to the Member’s advantage to keep his/her email updated because:
- Otherwise s/he will not be able to request a lost password, as the password will be sent automatically to the email registered at Leaga.
- S/he will not be able to receive any Admin communication, notifications of special events, or support messages.
The use of a false, inaccurate, or expired email address will result in:
- For Guest Members, purging of the account without notice.
- For Premium Members, if it is necessary to send a warning notice to any premium member and the notice is returned as undeliverable, this will result in an immediate freeze of the Member Account.
In order to maintain as streamlined a database as possible, Guest Members will be removed from any League if they have 0 Matches played after 3 Months of joining the League, or they were inactive in that League for 6 Months.
Guest Members will be purged from Leaga if inactive for 6 Months. Purging will result in Freezing the Membership. However, the Member ID, Stats and PIPs balance will remain in the database for 3 Months to allow upgrade to Premium Membership, after which the Member ID will be purged completely, and may register again as Guests using the same purged ID.
Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond Members need never fear being purged for inactivity, and they will always have their stats available for extraction when they become active again. Bronze Members will be purged if inactive for 2 years.
However, in order not to overload Leagues with inactive Players; Members will be removed from any League if they have 0 Matches played after 3 Months of joining the League, or Less than 20 Matches in their Stats, and were inactive in that League for 12 Months. They may re Join any League anytime later.
The above rules do not apply in the case of Banned or Expelled Members for any reason including Rules violations or use of Multiple IDs – the Member IDs will lose all accounts balances and benefits as well as Player’s Stats and will never be allowed to re register.
Members may need to withdraw their ID completely from Leaga. This could be for a multiple of reasons, including the need to clear the way for registering a new ID without being considered having Multiple IDs.
All Members will be allowed to withdraw their membership from Leaga anytime, if they are not registered or still playing in a Tourney.
Withdrawing will result in Freezing the Membership and losing all Player Stats, Premium Membership benefits, and PIPs balances. However, the Member ID will remain in the database for 3 Months, after which the Member ID will be purged completely. Member ID will be then available to be used again.
Leaga may consider, in exceptional cases, reinstatement of Premium Members, against a charge of 500 PIPs.
Leaga is happy to offer you rewards for your activity and your proficiency at Matches and Tournaments; you will have a visible and valuable marker of this.
See the next Help Topic to know How You Can Earn PIPs?
You can use PIPs to pay the fees required to join any Leaga Match, Challenge, or Tournament in any League.
All Members have access to their detailed PIPs Log at this site. The PIPs Transactions may be filtered:
- By League
- By Tourney ID (Division Period ID, Regular Tourney ID)
- By Transaction Group (All, Matches, Challenges, Tourneys, Division, Hosting, and Other)
- By Debit and Credit amounts (PIPs IN and OUT)
What are PIPs for?
What can all Members do with PIPs?
What can a TD do with PIPs?
- Pay the fees required to join Tournaments and play Matches and Challenges, to win more PIPs.
- Buy for the Premium Membership for yourself or any of your friends. New!
- Buy items from Leaga Store, to redeem PIPs for various products. To be announced soon.
- Buy Raffle Tickets, to get the chance to win various products. To be announced soon.
- Help friends who run out of PIPs by Refilling their Account with PIPs.
In addition to the above, a TD can also:
What can an Admin do with PIPs?
- Give bonuses in tourneys and through the Tourney system.
In addition to the above, a League Administrator can also:
- Give TDs bonuses to finance special events and milestones.
- Pay performance bonuses to TDs.
- Pay incentives for League development purposes.
|Leaga has made available for its members a Forum for each individual League. Thes Forums are official Leaga pages and they are governed by certain rules that are consistent with broader Leaga Policy and will be strictly enforced.|
The Primary purpose of these Forums is to dispense information and to discuss League-related issues as objectively as possible. A secondary role for the Forums is to serve as a “gathering place” and help foster a closer-knit Leaga Community. Unfortunately, these two roles often come into conflict with each other: if the Forums are flooded with irrelevant chitchat then the “important” messages can easily be overlooked.
Leaga has provided very powerful tools for posting to and navigating Leaga Forums:
- A message list showing the Message number, the subject, the author, and date.
- You may post messages with one click, the message will show your ID, and if it is a reply to another message the author and number of this message.
- You can delete the message after posting it, and type a new one.
- You can search for any message using the Message Number.
- You can search all messages for a Keyword or Multiple Keywords.
- You can see a list of all or direct replies to the message.
|We encourage free and open discussion of any and all League-related issues, and we welcome “social” communication up to a point, as long as the following rules are observed:
- Forums are read by all Members of all ages, races, and religions, so make sure the messages are within civility standards and do not hurt anyone.
- Try to be positive, objective, and constructive in all what you post. Never attack any other Member or Leaga Site or Admin, or even a competitor site.
- Regardless of whether or not a particular post “technically” adheres to the Forum Posts Deletions Rules, it (and its thread) may be removed by the League administration at their own discretion.
This will primarily happen for one of two reasons: the posts involved meet the rules technically but carry a negative undercurrent nevertheless (in other words, they are designed to circumvent the rules), or the thread involved is of no consequence whatsoever and is taking up so much space so fast that important messages are getting buried (in other words, when Members kick up their heels and have a “silly season” in the Forum, we will “smile for a while” and then will say “enough is enough” and wipe it all out).
- Non-conforming posts will be deleted, without explanation or prior notice.
The League Administrators have the full authority at their own discretion, to delete or keep any message.
The League Administrators are not under any obligation to give any prior notice or to justify why a message was deleted or retained.
Repeated violations of these policies by any individual may result in the individual responsible being purged from the League or banned from Leaga.
For examples of specific types of unacceptable posts, see next Help Topic Categories of Unacceptable Forums Posts.
|While Leaga reserves the right to delete any post or thread, the following categories encompass at least 99% of all deleted posts:
- Posts containing profanity and/or lewd or suggestive language.
We are not going to delete posts because somebody says “damn”, but we will not allow vile and offensive displays of gutter language.
- Posts containing negative comments regarding specific individuals or groups.
There are always at least two sides to an issue, and no reader of any post can be assumed to be acquainted with the intricacies of the issues raised.
For this reason, civility alone dictates that there be no “finger-pointing”. If you have a problem with a TD, you should write to the League’s HA. At no time should such issues be aired in a public forum, it is unfair to those accused and disruptive of our goals as a League, which include attempting to resolve all disputes as fairly and unemotionally as possible.
On the other hand, we will have to delete all posts defending other Members or trying to counter an attack on another individual. While we understand that it can be frustrating to see accusations of misbehaviour directed at friends you believe to be honourable. The Forums cannot be used for the defense of individuals, because it is inconsistent with the rule that we cannot attack individuals. Also, it is our experience that such defenses frequently backfire by further publicizing the accusation itself.
- Posts announcing or spamming non-League related/sponsored activities (especially other non-Leaga Game sites, Leagues or Clubs).
The spamming/promotion rule is a very pragmatic one; please cooperate with us on this. At a practical level, we cannot be responsible for researching and verifying all claims or promises made in this League-sponsored Forum. For this reason, we simply will not allow any such promotion across the board. From time to time exceptions will be made, but only upon PRIOR application to League Administrator for such exception.
- Posts announcing or spamming non-League sponsored sites or software.
Some of these sites and the links they contain, and some of the software programs, especially free ones, may be very dangerous, as they may contain viruses or be used to acquire your Leaga and Play Site passwords. We cannot be responsible for testing, researching and verifying all these sites and software. For this reason, and to protect our Members, we simply will not allow any such announcements across the board.
Leaga was founded with the specific goal of establishing Multiple
Independent Leagues that are governed by principles of civility and good
sportsmanship. We take the maintenance of these standards very seriously, as
this is what sets us apart from other established leagues on the Net. Friendly
people and clean fun is what Leaga is all about. There are other leagues better
suited to aggressive, in-your-face play and behavior.
Our tournament Directors and other Staff are specifically instructed to take
as a high priority the maintenance of discipline in our game lobbies and at our
game tables. By far the majority of our players have gravitated to us because
they have learned that they can rely on Leaga to keep them from being subjected
to aggressive, boorish behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct.
Accordingly, the first principle of Leaga is:
Players are expected to conduct themselves in a civil manner and treat all
others with respect. Failure to do so is cause for disqualification from a
Tourney. Repeated unacceptable behavior is cause for removal from the League,
and possible banning from Leaga.
In a general sense, this is what we expect of all Leaga Members and
- Members are expected to read and abide by Leaga policy regarding multiple
- Obscene language and aggressive trash talking are unacceptable in
- Personal attacks, or the taunting/denigration of members, league or staff
- Any harassment of or vocal, public dispute with League's staff is
unacceptable. TD decisions are final and not open to dispute on the spot. There
are channels for the advancement of complaints: any TD will tell you how to use
- Any abuse of Leaga Messenger is unacceptable. Leaga Messenger is for factual
tournament communication only, not for chatting or arguing with the TD. If you
think the TD has made an error, or are unhappy with anything else, then IM the
TD, or call him to a table.
- The solicitation of PIPs or Membership from other Members, whether in the
lobbies, game tables, or by IM/email, is expressly forbidden. This makes the
Member being solicited very uncomfortable. Occasional, “joking” references will
- Delay or obstruction of tournament play is not acceptable: players must be
on time and must contest their tourney matches expeditiously.
- Players are expected to be familiar with all Leaga tournament general rules
and game-specific rules of the leagues in which they are registered, and to
abide by these rules.
- Players are expected to promptly report all Matches they have
- Any form of cheating is cause for immediate banishment from Leaga.
An extensive list of categories of unacceptable behavior and a discussion of
the penalties for such can be found at the end of this section under "Rules
It is in the best interests of all Leaga, staff and players alike, that we have consistent and logical enforcement of all rules.
Accordingly, we have defined around 40 different categories of rules violations, ranging from such inadvertent problems as No Show in tourneys up to actual, verifiable cheating by players. For each category we have specified a series of enforcement actions that should be undertaken by the League Administrators and/or Corporate Management.
The ultimate penalty for any repeated violation of Leaga policies and rules would be the termination of the Member's account. However, the system provides several notification levels before this happens, beginning with just a "Note on File" and progressing through "Tourney Disqualification", "Final Warning", and various amounts of time in the "Penalty Box", to outright termination "Purge" of account in extreme cases.
Penalties imposed by TDs during tourneys
Note on file
Penalties imposed by the League Administrator
Penalty box League 3 Days
Penalty box League 7 Days
Penalty box League 14 Days
Kick from League
A player in the League penalty box will be barred from registering in any tournaments hosted by that particular League, but will still be able to participate in tournaments in other Leaga Leagues.
Penalties imposed by the VP Members
Purge from Leaga
Guest Members may not be sent any warnings, depending on the gravity of the violation; they might be subjected to the higher penalty on the first occurrence.
A complete list of violations follows. Please note that not all violations will use the full range of warnings/penalty boxes. Actual enforcement is at the discretion of the League Administrator and the VP Members, and will depend upon the severity and frequency of violations.
Harassed Players - Arguing or Fighting in Lobby
Harassed Players - Cussed Opponent during Game
Harassed Players - Disrupted Other Players
Harassed Players - Publicly Accused Others
Harassed Players - Sent Disruptive IMs
Harassed Players - Used Foul Language
Harassed TD - Attacked TD or other Staff
Harassed TD - Booted TD from Table
Harassed TD - Complaints and Argument in Lobby
Harassed TD - Disputed TD Ruling in Lobby
Harassed TD - Disrupted TD Performing his Job
User Name - Does Not Match Play Site
User Name - Used 2 Play Site IDs
User Name - Similar ID to Another Player
Tourney Play - Abused Leaga Messenger
Tourney Play - Late Arrival
Tourney Play - No Show
Tourney Play - Broke Game-Specific Rules
Tourney Play - Suspicious Playing Patern
Tourney Play - Kibitzed
Tourney Play - Forced Forfeit
Tourney Play - Intentionally Lost
Tourney Play - Claimed False Win
Tourney Play - Failed to Finish 3rd Game of RR
Tourney Play - Left before Game was over
Tourney Play - Didn't Report Loss
Slow Play - Not Accepting Invites
Slow Play - Lagging/Freezing
Slow Play - Repeated Disconnections
Slow Play - Intentional Delay
Membership - Excessive Multiple IDs
Membership - Use of Inappropriate User name
Membership - Wrong e-mail
Membership - Posted negative Forum Message
Membership - Attacked other Players in Forum
Membership - Attacked Leaga Admin in Forum
Membership - Solicitation of PIPs or Membership
Membership - Responded Inappropriately to League Email
Membership - Tried to Hack or Hurt Legue or Leaga
NB: Records of violations are only kept current and active for 3 months. In other words, no Leaga member who has occasional, widely spaced infractions of League rules has any reason to fear any enforcement more severe than a warning letter.
Leaga will never tolerate any actions aiming at the destruction of Leaga activity or jeopardizing its performance intentionally or unintentionally.
It is strictly forbidden to be a staff member of any other league competing with Leaga; any staff; being an Admin or TD found to be helping or assisting or associated in any other competing league in any capacity, will be banned immediately from Leaga without notice.